god at work in the waiting
July 10, 2020 - by Pastor Bill Williamson
- Ali Hildebrand, our Interim Youth Director completes training
- Jason Wickson, our Traditional Worship Director, completes Masters!
- Books for Adams replaces Adopt-A-Family
- Preparing for worship in Sanctuary
In the midst of our waiting and watching, God is at work. There are blessings to be received. There are blessings to be given. There are celebrations in heaven, and on earth. Anniversaries, birthdays, graduations, as well as Mother’s Day and Father’s Day and the 4th of July. I want to share a couple of celebrations and give you an update on our plans to worship together in the near future... read more
Welcome Phase 1.5
July 3, 2020 - by Pastor Bill Williamson
- New Series: Brick by Brick - Nehemiah
- What is Phase 1.5?
- What does it mean for us?
- Wisdom, discernment, God’s protection & guidance are needed
We are all set for worship once again this weekend, on line, and have great anticipation for how God will use what we offer to bless not only Grace of Christ, but people around the world. That has been the surprise blessing about everything we are doing virtually. Today, Friday, I just recorded the message “Rebuilding and Restoring”. ...Right after I finished the recording, I received the updated Covid19 news about Yakima County. As you may have already heard, we are now in Phase 1.5. I didn’t even know there was such a thing until the other day... read more
Mask up - new series - ghormley update
June 26, 2020 - by Pastor Bill Williamson
- Mask Up To Open Up
- New Series start July 5 - Brick by Brick
- Ghormley Support - Pray, Give, Goodness, Family
- July 11 Outdoor Worship postponed
It is hard to believe that we are nearing the end of June and still having to shelter at home. Fortunately, as I go to the market these days, I am seeing more and more people wearing masks. So, yes, “Mask up to open up”. This week as we gather together for worship, you are in for a treat. Robin Stuber, who is a dear friend of so many, will bring the Good News from Luke 15.8-10: Lost and Found. As we look to July, here are some things I want you to know...
god continues to reveal his plans
June 11, 2020 - by Pastor Bill Williamson
- Prayer Gathering focus on healing & unity
- Recording Sunday worship in the Sanctuary
- Two summer outdoor services
- Teams focus on Worship, Community, Spiritual Formation & Missions
I cannot tell you enough about how grateful I am that God, in His Providence, led me to Grace of Christ. I cannot tell you enough how blessed I am by the people God is using to encourage me and assist me during these turbulent times. I cannot tell you enough how much God is on the move in our church and in our city. This past week, during our Prayer Gathering, God once again showed up and began to reveal His plans. Pastors Preston and Becky Jones from Redeemed City Church here in Yakima joined me...
In my Father’s House there are many Zooms
June 5, 2020 - by Pastor Bill Williamson
- Insight from churches who are re-entering
- ReLaunch Team discussing Worship, Community & Re-Entry
- ReLaunch Team appreciates your prayers & patience
I watched a webinar this week that involved a discussion among pastors of churches in Texas, South Carolina, and Arizona. I was encouraged to hear that they are reentering their facilities, and how they have gone about doing it. I was also encouraged to hear that they have been going through the same process that we have been going through, and that we will need to go through as we get closer to reentering our own facilities. One pastor said, his favorite verse: “In my Father’s House there are many Zooms.” We all would have been smart to invest in Zoom before all this happened...
New guidelines for Houses of worship
may 29, 2020 - by Pastor Bill Williamson
- Yakima Covid numbers continue to rise
- Gov. Inslee issues new guidelines for Houses of Worship
- ReLaunch Team continues to prayerfully consider options
- Consider ways to engage with the Church by creating opportunities to do life and worship together
As you hopefully know, we are a Church who strives to Love God & Love Others by Making Disciples Who Love Well with Drops of Grace. Covid-19 has not stopped us from being who are, but it has given us even greater opportunities to Love Well. I am sure that you, like me, are aware of the fact that the number of cases of people infected by and dying from the Coronavirus in Yakima County increases daily. As other states, cities and even churches begin to open up, I have to constantly remind myself that we live in Washington, not California; we live in Yakima, not Spokane...
re-launch team created
may 22, 2020 - by Pastor Bill Williamson
- ReLaunch Team created
- ReEntry requires Planning & Pastoring
- Paying attention to our Church's uniqueness
- Pay attention to what God is saying through the Word, prayer, the Holy Spirit & conversations with believers
As I prepare once again to worship together online with you, I thought I would take a moment to let you know how things are looking, going forward. If you've been watching the recent sermons, you know that "I don't know." However, I have surrounded myself with some others who do know, or, who are helping us all know what/when/how we, as a church, are going to do church and ministry now and in the near future...