Interested? Groups are now meeting – please call the church at 248-7940
Looking for a way to Belong? Believe? Become? Bless?
One step is getting connected in a Growth Group.
What are Growth Groups?
Growth Groups are people, meeting regularly, to grow spiritually through building meaningful Christian relationships and studying God’s word together. They take our good intentions – to belong, believe, become and bless – and puts them on the calendar! Growth Groups include:
- SHARING what is happening in our lives. “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together…” (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- STUDYING scripture to learn how to live out our faith in everyday life through “…teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.” (Colossians 1:28)
- SUPPORTING each other in practical ways, including prayer, encouragement, listening, challenging one another, and meeting needs.
- SERVING together in a quarterly service activity as a group.
When do Growth Groups Start?
- 10 – week Growth Groups meet in the Fall, Winter and Spring – Please call the church at 248-7940 f you are interested in joining a group.
- Thought about being a Growth Group leader? We have some great tips and ideas to build a strong group – please call the church at 248-7940.
How are Growth Groups Different from Small Groups?
Small groups have long been a vital part of our Grace of Christ Community. In many ways Growth Groups are the same – providing opportunities for significant, authentic relationships, personal study of God’s Word, support and caring for one another, and serving together.
- We are encouraging groups to use the Sermon-based study questions. This helps people go deeper in their understanding and application of the sermon. It doesn’t require much outside study. It makes it easier for people to be involved no matter where they are in their spiritual growth, and provides easy entry. Some groups may choose other study materials from time to time.
- Groups also run for 10-week segments. While many people may stay together for years, it allows easy access for new people to check out growth groups – or a gracious exit if a particular group isn’t a good fit, or other life changes necessitate a break from a group.
- Groups can meet in homes, at the office, in a coffee shop, at the church building, or a variety of other locations. Our hope and intention is that everyone in our church family and beyond would have the opportunity to be a part of a group.
How Do I Select a Group and Get Signed Up?
We have everything from young adult groups to active retired groups. These various headings are meant to assist you in finding a group of people in a similar Station-in-Life. The lines between these groups are intentionally kept fuzzy, so feel free to look at all the groups we have to offer. You will have the first three weeks of the quarter to decide if the group you choose is a good fit for you. To sign up for a Growth Group, please find the green umbrella in the Garden Room on Sunday mornings or check in with the church office, 248-7940, during the week.