What’s Happening At Campbell Farm?
Campbell Farm is an outreach to the Wapato community where 95% of the population is in poverty. Through their multiple programs, Campbell Farm tries to meet the food and clothing needs as well as support educational needs of their immediate and surrounding community. For the past 15 years, the Campbell Farm has successfully organized and operated a strong children’s program. This includes the following:
- After-school Cultural Enrichment Program – Offering mentoring, tutoring and meals for youth throughout the school year. Presently, some 30 students attend on a regular basis.
- Youth Leadership – Leadership skills and training are provided to older youth in order to addressthe challenges and stresses of growing up into adulthood.
- Summer Youth Camp – Children are provided breakfast and lunch and are organized into age groups to learn about sustainability and farming. Crafts and games emphasize recycling, gardening, weeding and harvesting crops. Some also participate in the canning and freezing of the harvested foods. Many children help care for the animals by feeding and watering them. Last year, over 75 kids participated in this camp.
- Summer Feeding Program – Throughout the summer months, meals are provided to housing projects in three sites: Campbell Farm, Wapato Community Center, and an isolated location close to Harrah. These meals help to nourish and to alleviate the challenges of food scarcity issues. This summer will be the eighth year that Campbell Farm is acting as the host site for the Washington State
Once again, Grace of Christ has the opportunity to support Campbell Farm through our BAGS OF HOPE ministry. Your generosity helps to stretch the outreach of The Campbell Farm to meet vital needs of this community. There are also many ways that you can provide volunteer service at the Farm. Contact information: The Campbell Farm, 2527 Campbell Road, Wapato, WA 98951; phone 509-877-6413; or email email@example.com.
Bag of Hope Shopping List
The list below has been put together by Campbell Farm to help meet the needs of their Summer Programs. Thank you for taking time to shop for a few of the items on the list:
- Paper plates (good quality)
- Plastic cups
- Plastic spoons & forks
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Craft Paper
- Hot Glue Guns
- Clorox Wipes
- Gallon, Quart, Sandwich Bags
- Yard-size Garbage Bags
Thank you for taking time to shop – you are changing lives! Please drop off bags at Grace of Christ Church – Bags will be dedicated on Sunday, June 10.