Multi-tasking Extraordinaire! – 7.21.17
- Garden Room Remains Closed – Grinding is almost done and the next steps will be filling-in and sealing. We hope to be able to use the Garden Room on July 30. Painting is scheduled to begin August 7.
- “Children’s Wing” on the 2nd floor – Plans to combine rooms 208, 220 and 221 into a large children’s gathering and worship area were approved by the city and permits issued. Demolition is set to begin July 31. Staff and volunteers are busy purging, updating inventories, and moving supplies, furniture, costumes and curriculum materials.
- Chapel – Painting will begin on July 26 with carpet and new stage installed shortly thereafter.
- Painters Needed – we need folks to help us paint – childcare is almost ready for a fresh new look! Let Tammy know if you can help!
RDT – The Vision, Process & Partnership
As a church family, we have been blessed with an architecturally beautiful building, timeless in many ways. It has been 30 years since we’ve done anything other than maintain the building. This spring, Session decided it’s time to rejuvenate it—making it more relevant for future ministry as well as inviting for those who haven’t grown up in a church. We want our meeting place to reflect who we are–a group of disciples active in joining God in what He’s up to today and wants to do in the future.
To get the updates started, we have partnered with The Foundation. The Foundation has seeded the current updates with a contribution to the projects of $250,000. Yes, $250,000 is a lot of money! Yet, we have a BIG church building and even bigger vision.
One area of priority that has been identified by the Session is CHILDREN. This will begin by updating the second floor to be so child-friendly that our kids won’t want to leave when Sunday KidZone is over! And not only child-friendly, but conducive to making the good news of Jesus Christ relevant and understandable to kids.
Another priority is creating a place for our MID-HIGH & SENIOR HIGH STUDENTS to worship. We’ve known it as the Chapel for years. It may have a new name, but will still be a place for God to meet His people in dynamic ways. It will also be a great venue for mid-week worship services, speakers, and mid-size gatherings, as well as a late morning contemporary worship service on Sundays. This will be unlike any other setting in our building with sound, lighting, and atmosphere that will appeal to all generations.
Updates Have Begun
Project Partners Needed
We are so blessed to be able to provide childcare on Sundays as well as for midweek activities, but our facilities are dated and worn-looking. Funding for this is not in the current rejuvenation budget, but timing is critical. Summer is our downtime, and we would love to be able to replace carpet and repaint the areas. When September rolls around, it will be difficult to have construction going on.
We are looking for people who would be interested in partnering with us to complete these projects before the end of summer. Would you be able to financially contribute to the full or partial amount for these plans (or to wherever funds are most needed)?
- Carpet for Childcare – $9,063
- Carpet for Library – $2,419
- Carpet for Adult Ed Room – $3,966
- Reupholstering furniture for main floor areas – $6,000
- Restroom Updating – $5,500
- Accessories and wall décor – $3,000
- Main Sanctuary Entrance Flooring – $2,390
Another way to contribute to the plans is with your talents. Volunteers are needed to help with removing carpet and haul it off, to help restore woodwork, to refinish chairs and possibly help with recovering backs and seats, etc. Please call Linda Mathews, 509.388.5527, if you have skills, muscles, or a willingness to help!
We are the body of Christ for a reason. God has blessed us, and together, we have everything needed to rejuvenate our church facility. This is the first phase of the update project, so continue to ask the Lord how you are to help out today as well as in the future.
Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. --Proverbs 11:25 (ESV)
If you are able to donate financially to the rejuvenation, please send a check, make an online donation, or email Tammy Nunley at Tammy.Nunley@YakimaGrace.com and let her know how you are able to help out financially. She will answer questions and give you more details regarding any financial gifts.
We’ve been given a great legacy. Now it’s time to continue the work of all those who have gone before us.
Your Rejuvenation Design Team – Kathy Myers, Linda Mathews, Jennifer Foster, Mark Baldwin, Jeff Gray, Pastor Jim Marian, Tammy Nunley
PREPARE for the Future — SERVE the Present — HONOR the Past