Clint Gresham, member of 2014 Seattle Seahawks Superbowl Championship Team, will be featured speaker in Yakima at the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Auction on March 24. We have a fantastic night planned for you including:
- Delicious Dinner
- Silent Auction with fabulous items
- Dessert Auction
- Guest Speaker: Clint Gresham (Super Bowl Champ – member of the 2014 Seattle Seahawks Championship team)
Tickets are available by calling or stopping by Grace of Christ church office during regular business hours (M-F, 8:30a-5p – 509.248-7940). Tickets: $60/couple or $35/individual.
All proceed go to promote MOPS moms on their journey toward becoming better moms.
MOPS – Mothers of Preschoolers
Mothers of Preschoolers connects moms to other moms for fellowship, inspiration, and to grow closer to Jesus. Children of all ages are welcome in our MOPPETS program, including a homeschooling room for children beyond kindergarten.
Starry Eyed Is…
- Seeing the light in the darkness and choosing to live courageously in both.
- Opening our eyes to wonder and choosing hope over fear.
- Significant acts of kindness that send ripples of light into the world.
- Aa choice to live fully and wholly and to breathe our way back to life.
- feel anxious and don’t know why
- are busy and distracted from the things you truly care about
- are restless for an unexpected encounter with God
- long to feel alive, to regain a sense of wonder, to hope a little freer and to be a powerful force of kindness in the world….. THEN we’d love for you to join us in becoming Starry Eyed. This year we will run wildly toward wonder, hope and kindness because We Are the Starry Eyed and we choose to see the light.
MOPS reaches out to any woman who is parenting young children to encourage, equip and help her realize her potential as a woman, mother (or care-giver) and leader in the name of Jesus. We love on our mommies by creating a safe environment that nurtures their physical, social, and emotional needs, thus opening a door to start tending to their spiritual needs. For our large gatherings, childcare is provided so mommies can relax, eat breakfast, socialize with new and old friends, and hear from speakers on topics such as motherhood, marriage and young family life. In the summer, we enjoy social gatherings at pools and parks. You may register your children and yourself at any meeting. Registration fees apply and scholarships are available. Contact the church for more information.
What is MOPS?
MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. MOPS International exists to meet the needs of every mom-urban, suburban and rural moms, stay-at-home moms and working moms, teen, single and married moms – moms with different lifestyles who share a similar desire to be the very best moms they can be! MOPS recognizes that the years from infancy through kindergarten are foundational in a mother-child relationship and are filled with unique needs. Having a child of preschool age is not a requirement to attend MOPS-all moms with children from birth through kindergarten are invited to attend. Childcare is provided through our MOPPETS program; however, children are welcomed in our meetings at all times.
What can I expect?
Our group meets the second and fourth Friday of each month from 9:30—11:30am, from September through May. Moms have the opportunity to make new friends, share experiences, laugh together and learn Biblical principles pertaining to womanhood and parenting. We enjoy breakfast together, listen to a great speaker and make a fun craft while our kids participate in their own program.
What is the cost?
The MOPS International membership fee is $25 per year, which gives you lots of goodies, including a subscription to MomSense magazine. Each meeting costs $5 and you can pay per meeting of for the whole year. Scholarships are available. Contact Danielle Woodcock, Registration & Finance, for more information.
ʕBuscas un apoyo en tu papel de mamá? Estás bienvenida a participar de nuestro grupo en español de Madres de Preescolares. ¡Te esperamos allí!