New Growth Groups Start Sept 17!
After a successful “pre-launch” of Growth Groups this past May, we are gearing up for the next step… more groups, more leaders, and more opportunities to connect with one another and grow together as followers of Jesus.
What are Growth Groups? Groups of approximately 3-12 people, meeting regularly, to grow spiritually through building meaningful Christian relationships and studying God’s word together.
A Growth Group takes our good intentions and puts them on the calendar!
- SHARING what is happening in our lives. “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together…” (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- STUDYING scripture to learn how to live out our faith in everyday life through “…teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ.” (Colossians 1:28)
- SUPPORTING each other in practical ways, including prayer, encouragement, listening, challenging one another, and meeting needs.
- SERVING together in a quarterly service activity as a group.
Small groups have long been a vital part of our Grace of Christ Community. In many ways Growth Groups are the same – providing opportunities for significant, authentic relationships, personal study of God’s Word, support and caring for one another, and serving together.
How are Growth Groups Different?
- We are encouraging groups to use the Sermon-based study questions. This helps people go deeper in their understanding and application of the sermon. It doesn’t require much outside study. It makes it easier for people to be involved no matter where they are in their spiritual growth, and provides easy entry. Some groups may choose other study materials from time to time.
- Groups also run for 10-week segments. While many people may stay together for years, it allows easy access for new people to check out growth groups – or a gracious exit if a particular group isn’t a good fit, or other life changes necessitate a break from a group.
- Groups can meet in homes, at the office, in a coffee shop, at the church building, or a variety of other locations. Our hope and intention is that everyone in our church family and beyond would have the opportunity to be a part of a group.
So What Do I Do?
- Sign-up for a Growth Group – our next quarter starts Sunday, September 17.
- Already Part of a Group? We are gathering information on who is already part of group and who is not. Thank you for your help with this (bulletin inserts, email requests, etc.).
- Invite Someone – If you are part of a group and could invite others to join you, please let us know.
- Consider Leading – If you or someone from your group feels a nudge from the Lord to consider leading, co-leading, or hosting a group, please let us know. We will have a Growth Group Leader/Host Training event on Wednesday, Sept 6, 5:30-8:30 pm at the church (includes dinner). If you are a current Small Group Leader, and want to understand the Growth Group Ministry, you are welcome to attend.
Call the church 248-7940, or email Jana for more information.